Friday, May 29, 2009

Now I Remember

We had dinner with Scott's family last night. I took Mason outside for a walk while we waited for ice cream. We walked down a sidewalk that passed through a grassy area with lovely plants. He wanted to rush back in and see if the ice cream was there yet. I scooped him up and we were chatting. Mason is 2yrs8mos. He pointed across the way and said, "The chipmunks live on the other side of the public garden." This is the truth. I said, "What did you say?" "The chipmunks live on the other side of the public garden." I said, "Did you say 'public garden'?" He said, "Yes, public garden." Then, he looks at me like I don't know what that means and he says, "The chipmunks live on the other side of those cars." --- I just cracked up. Of course, since the very day Mason was born, he has always made me laugh.

The Spring is beautiful here. Sunshine, flowers, birds singing, people working in their yards. I love it.

No comments: