Friday, January 1, 2010

Airplanes and goalposts

Well, I have to say that God amazes me every day. I have not made a trip in an airplane for, probably, 12 years. Regardless of my thoughts, God is caring for me and has a plan for my life (the remaining part). So, I am moved to push my boundaries toward something even though I don't know what it is yet.

Steve and I flew from Marion IN to Naples FL on December 30, 2009. It's great to be here. We had rain most of the day but here comes the sun just to show off how beautifully it sets over the Gulf.

Kathy, Rudy, and Gracie were here for the Purdue/West Virginia basketball game. Gracie was hungry so they had to leave.

The first day of 2010. I have made it a habit to use this week as a time to review my spiritual growth in the year behind me and try to set targets for the year ahead. I love the process. I write it up and check on it several times throughout the year to see if I'm making desired progress.

Since retirement I have had to manufacture artificial goalposts and this is one. Working inside or outside the home always keeps you moving forward, there's always a schedule, plans, work to be done. Now, with God as my support, we have to come up with our own plan for the year.

No comments: