Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Wedding

Just a few minutes ago I was filling my medicine "boxes" for the next three weeks. I ran through my mind how quickly the time is marked off, how often the bottles empty and must be filled again. I am thinking often these days about the passing of time.

Tim and Krista were married May 22 at Trinity English Lutheran Church in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Today they left for a two-week honeymoon in St. John's. It was yesterday, wasn't it, that we brought Tim into our home to meet Scott who was 2 1/2.

It's trite. We are told time and again this is the case. However, when it happens to us, we are surprised.

It seems to me there is only one way to slow down the ticking clock. With a due respect for the past, and a responsible planning for the future, we still must live within the moment. If you are always in the past or the future, if you are never in the moment, time soars past you without a tick.

It is perfectly understandable when, in the Bible, the end is prophecied as coming quickly by God. Certainly it is.

No comments: