Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So, you're a grandmother. What's that mean?

I have to admit I'm not quite sure what being a grandmother means. I have learned just a bit since Sept. 29, 2006. It for certain means your heart gets filled to overflowing with fresh love. It means trying to help new mommy have some free time to remain her true self. Sometimes that can mean playing on the floor when every muscle in your body screams. I have to say I can get truly lost inside that tiny person's world and I've found I like it there.

Being a grandmother also can mean planning activities that make memories for your grandchild. I'm hoping someday my grandchildren say, "Remember when we used to go with Nona and we would always ..." What could be a better legacy than that!

I'm still learning what this role means but I have some wonderful friends who have a head start and are great examples for how it can be done!

No comments: