Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nonna's Ready

Scott, Julie, Mason, and Marlee arrive tomorrow about 2:30 p.m. I have prepared this retirement condo to function as close to a family home as I can. We anticipate something close to chaos as we watch and enjoy the babies. Of course we plan to let them have as much fun as possible which undoubtedly includes toys being everywhere throughout the condo.

I have to say I am feeling excited to see all four. With the six of us in the condo six days we get to have quite a bit of one-on-one time with Julie and Scott which we enjoy so much.

I have to say of all the precious moments I have enjoyed with my grandchildren, right now one of them comes to my mind. Last year Mason would come get me and have me put "our" CD on -- he'd let me know when I had the right one -- then I'd get on my knees, he'd put his little arms around me, he'd lay his sweet little head in the crook of my neck and we would rock back and forth ("dance") to the whole song. Then several hours later he'd want to do it again.

Being Nonna is the best!

No comments: